A minor in South Asian Studies provides interdisciplinary training that allows students to understand the complexities of the important world region of South Asia in the 21st Century. Through a combination of survey courses and disciplinary specialization, students acquire expert knowledge of the history, culture, economy, literature, religion and politics of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and the Tibet Autonomous Region.
Minor in South Asian Studies to:
- Increase job competitiveness – while having fun! – by demonstrating area knowledge of this important world region
- The minor consists of six courses with a South Asia focus (1 survey and 5 electives, totaling 18 credits).
- Bengali, Hindi, Persian, Sanskrit and Urdu courses can count toward the minor!
- Outstanding disciplinary variety allows you to tailor the minor to your interests
- Take courses in: African, Middle Eastern and South Asian Languages & Literatures (AMESALL); Business; Anthropology; Art History; Geography; History; Political Science, Religion; Sociology, Women’s and Gender Studies; and more…